Tuesday, July 7, 2009

WHAT IS THE GOING RATE FOR UPHOLSTERY CLEANING?


I get asked this question allot and i wish i was certain on an answer. These days especially it is very hard to say what the going rate is on anything because most business are just taking what they can get which is ok for them but really hurting the market worse than it already is.

The standard used to be around $8-$10 per ft. on the low end and up to $25 per ft. on the high end which would come to about $120 for an average sized sofa with synthetic fabric. I can only speak on behalf of what my cleaners are telling me but i can tell you one thing is for sure most companies are charging probably half of the above pricing. Now with that being said my top performers are still getting an average of $120 per sofa and proving to everyone that when you market yourself good and people trust your work that even in this tough economy there is still money to be made. I worry that when we get out of this recession (hopefully sooner than later) people are still going to want the cheap prices that they have become use to from guys just taking what they can get during these tough times. Whats your thought?